103 Word Challenge – something special to me

This is a Basketball, I love playing basketball, not just playing it but the feeling of winning a match and when you lose you just want to win the next games. I love the feeling of dribbling down the court and not stopping to finally get to the ring and put shot up. No-one likes getting thrashed every game or winning every game because basketball is a sport where you have fun and that is definitely not fun.

When I played my first game of basketball I was exhilarated to get on the court and find out if I was good at this sport or I needed work. After that game I figured out I was normal at basketball but I still needed a bit of work on some specific areas. Even if you are the best player in your league then there is always at least one thing that you need to work on. My first game I figured out that I needed to work on my shooting and my layups.

I wanted to do something about it so I joined a team that plays in Geelong called the Surf Coasters and that really helped because once I joined it there was very good coaches that have had experience with basketball by playing and coaching so they could understand what the players felt like. I am now very confident about my shooting and my layups and when I get the chance I thank my coaches because everyone forgets they are the reason that you are improving.

Everyone who is playing basketball, keep it up and the people who aren’t playing basketball, try it you find that you are perfect for it.